Saturday, October 20, 2012

Doula in Training

Hello,

My name is Sarah Johnson and I am beginning the journey of becoming a doula. Right now I am in the training phase of this journey. While I am training I will be attending births, reading lots of books about labor/breastfeeding/birth support/postpartum, watching lots of videoed births, reading as many birth stories as I can get my hands on, and going to seminars and conferences.

While I was pregnant with P. I did lots of research on birth and fell in love with the idea of women helping other women birth by giving them emotional and physical support. I then discovered how having a doula lowers the statistical use of interventions and I knew I wanted to help women have the best births possible.

Right now I am offering my services pro bono (for free) because I am in the training phase of becoming a doula. I am willing and needing to do many types of birth (hospital, c-sections, home, birth center, hbac, vbac, etc.) I am also offering postpartum services for free as well.

Along with labor and postpartum doula services I am also going to be offering loss and bereavement doula services (these will of course also be for free). 

I believe every woman should have the best birth, no matter what their situation or income, so if you are in need of a doula and live in or around Lubbock, Texas let me know.

I am also willing to work up to 2 hours in any direction from Lubbock which includes places like Amarillo and Midland/Odessa. 

Feel free to contact me through this blog, at sarah.r.mills@ttu.edu or at 432.638.6877

In the coming weeks and months I hope to continue to share what I am learning, a little bit more about me and the joys of being a doula in West Texas! 

-Sarah Johnson
The Cowgirl Doula

No comments:

Post a Comment