Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What I Hope to Offer

I hope that as I assisted women in labor and via my blog that I will be able to offer them support in birthing the way they want and that they will feel empowered after their birthing experience. One of my favorite blogs to read is Birth Without Fear. As a doula I hope to model the care I have seen on that blog. Whether you are birthing with a scheduled c-section or a home birth or anything in between I hope to support you and help you have the best birth possible.

While I do give tips they are not going to be for everyone and that's ok. My tips are only a way to help you decide what you want at your birth and how you want your labor to go. The same with the information that I post. It is only to help you know what options are available and the associated risks and benefits. If you do not feel that the benefits out weight the risks in your specific situation that is ok. There is no "right way" to birth. As long as you are informed and choose the path that is right for you, you will have an empowering birth.

This blog post explains what "Birth Without Fear" is all about (P.S. I love her site please check out the stories and information there too).

What does an empowering birth mean to you?
In your opinion how can a doula best help you?
What are you looking for in a doula?

-The Cowgirl Doula




No comments:

Post a Comment