Monday, October 22, 2012

The Lesson to Be Learned in Birth Stories

© Netris|Stock Free Images

The last few days I have been reading birth stories and talking to people about different forms of birth support.

One of my favorite blogs to read birth stories on is the Birth Without Fear blog. They have an awesome assortment of different birth stories.

One of my favorite quotes that I came upon on their site is: "There is a secret in our culture and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong." -Laura Stavoe Harm

That is what I have taken away from the many stories I have read on there. Women are strong and no one should ever tell you otherwise.

I think the best support a woman can be given is just that support: support to make informed choices, physical support and of course support to trust her body and her baby.

-The Cowgirl Doula


No comments:

Post a Comment