Monday, October 29, 2012

Leaning on God During Labor

I read LOTS of birth stories. Its part of my training...plus I just love birth stories. There is truly few things in the world as amazing as the raw power in birth.

Birth stories that are positive and empowering help me to be a better person and a better doula.

I don't often repost birth stories because like I said I read so many of them and I have yet to find a positive birth story I didn't like. But this birth story had a piece of advice that really rang true to me and I feel like women tend to forget in labor: lean on God. Through each contraction worship God, because each contraction is bringing your baby closer to you and God will sustain you through each contraction.

I also liked the idea of anointing a woman's head with oil and praying for her during the early stages of her labor.

Obviously this will not be what every woman wants or needs, but for a religious woman I can see this having some real benefits.

Meditation can also really help while in the early stages of labor as well as when you need the baby to change positions, or help lower blood pressure and other physical needs during pregnancy. Never underestimate the power of asking and believing.

She says at the end that God redeemed her previous birth experience and gave her the desires of her heart and everything she asked for. Sometimes all it takes is the courage to ask for what we need.


No comments:

Post a Comment